When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Not-So-Breaking News

(Originally 1/18/07)

My financial plan to be debt-free accelerated itself by two seasons. That is, instead of the end of the summer, I will have gotten rid of my last major debtor on February 2nd.

It seems Big Bank didn't want to wait for me to start making payments, so they gave it to another collection agency. Long-time readers will recall the last agency which had this debt gave it back to the bank because they weren't making any money off it. The amount is high and all I could afford to pay was the interest, just to keep them off my back while I paid off the other three. When it went back to Big Bank, I decided not to bother with it until I was completely done with Debtor #3 (which I did do on Dec 29th, but still I was wiped out and broke). So Debt #4 knocked on my door fresh with new energy to harass. But these new people offered me a payout settlement in the first phone conversation. They wanted me to pay just a little less than what I paid Debtor #3!! And the debt was 2x as much!! So after I checked Big Bank to make sure they did indeed give the debt to these people, I arranged to ride the financial-dump train again.

I can be successful at it this time if I budget wisely.

*cue the burst-out laughing scene*

I do so try. I need the love of a good woman to keep me from just throwing all my money up on Starbucks' and comicbook sellers' counters. But in lieu of she, I believe I might be able to make it. It will take a little more than half of my next two paychecks. Which means I have to live on 1/8 of my paycheck each week for the next four weeks, since I get paid every two weeks.

Well when you put it THAT way ... *scratches head*

Whatever. On February 2nd, Big Bank and his buddies will be history. (Sadly this doesn't include my school loan, but after Feb 2nd, they will be manageable with the normal costs of living that we all must endure.)

And I'm a friend of My Hero's! So that's all right then!

No comments: