When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I Had So Much Good To Talk About, Until I Checked My Bank Balance

(Originally 8/27/06)

Aren't you getting tired of me whining about my finances? Then imagine how I feel.

I TOOK CARE OF IT. I was CLEAR OF IT. I had arranged all my payments to come out of one account instead of two and I had allotted my paycheck to all go into the paying account, except for 150.00, which would go into the Bank of America as savings.

So what happened, do you think?

Right on the first go! One payment/creditor still presented to the Bank of America. I didn't have enough to cover it. 35.00 overdraft charge. They didn't pay it. It came back again. Another 35.00 overdraft charge. And still no guarantee that the item will get paid.

So much fun.

So I called up the bank and gushed and spilled and threatened and begged and cajoled and abused and expressed and whatever.

And I'll close this account out too.

And I clearly have a learning disability when it comes to finances.

And I still am in "acceptance-of-me" mode. I am what I am. I will deal with one bank account from now on. I will do simple math--

1) All expenses add up to X.
2) X minus my balance equals Y.
3) Y is the amount I have to spend for two weeks until I get another paycheck.
4) If I spend less than Y, then I have money "saved".

Does that look right? Am I really mathlexic? Can anybody reading this help me out in the comments section? I am in need of a TRUE reality check. PLEASE.

No comments: