When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Still Hating It, But A Little Less Now

(Originally 10/31/06)

I asked the Benefactor, but he was too caught up in his creative mania to answer me. So I called My Friend The Doctor, and he's Western Unioning it. I'm going out to get it now.

And then My Benefactor came downstairs to say, "Were you asking me for money?" I told him not to worry about it and that I was just dumping out the information in my head.

And since I hesitated about going to meetings with him, he had hesitate-cred with me. No harm no foul. And plus, since I still feel wonky towards throwing my lot in with his recovery, he really shouldn't have to lend me money ON TOP of letting me live here for free. (I just don't ever want to hear him TELL me that.)

But the world is full of nasty people, of which some days I serve as Chiefest.

And then again, there are Heroes out there too.

So that's all right then.

No comments: