When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Monday, May 7, 2007

These Dreams

(Originally Nov 23 2005)

I just woke up from a vivid dream where I was my Alter Ego.
<-----
I'm sure playing CoH yesterday for eight hours had something to do with it. I love the game so much I didn't get enough.

I should have gone into the city yesterday for church but it was cold and grey and raining. I worry that the the rejection letter I recieved from the church's counseling department might also have something to do with it. They are having a hiring freeze. I do hope that isn't a lie--after all, they are a church. And if it isn't a lie, how close was that! I almost got hired by a church! That would've been AWESOME.

So last night, in my dream, Professor X was piloting the X-Jet with us X-Men in it. I was New Mutant. Patrick Stewart was in the role. He had some kind of seizure and began to crash the jet. The other X-Men got out but Prof X went down with the plane.

My Alter has the power of kinetics. That is, he can sling energy around--take it from people, give it to others, heal with it, shoot villains with it, use it to bounce himself insane distances, or bounce others for away from him. With some type of combination of our powers, we helped the Professor crash the jet somewhat safely--it was a loud, exciting ride which saw the thing plowed up into a house on the Long Island shore.

I, for some reason, was the first and only person on the scene to see if the Professor was okay--I bounced to the scene faster than the others could reach. I supposed the others were in contact with me through headsets or something. The Prof. was okay. He didn't know what had happened to him and was kind of embarassed. In the house no one was hurt. There was an old woman who had escaped her bed, and her mother poodle with its four chubby puppies. A black one, a red one, a grey one, and a white one. While I was marvelling that the house's occupants were alive, the Prof. walked to the bathroom to check himself out. Just then I realized and brought it to his attention.

"Professor? Why can you walk?"

He looked down at his legs and smiled, again embarassed. "I don't know."

I remember in the dream that Patrick Stewart had strange teeth. They were different from his normal strange ones. Patrick, in my mind, does not have Americanly big teeth. They seem small and he has gaps. But he became a sex symbol in the 90's because of his commanding presence and bald head. In the dream, I remember acting like some schoolgirl with a crush. When the professor discovered he could walk, I scrunched up my hands against my face and squeee'd.

I had said, "Well, I won't tell anyone, but you know...it's going to become kind of apparent..."

Then I woke up.

No comments: