When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Moment Of Lucidity

(Originally 8/24/06)

My Benefactor woke me up this morning (last night he came home late and had a bit of a meltdown when he discovered the smoke-filled upstairs) and asked me to remind his son that he's notallowed to have those kids in the house. He told me to call the police if they return. He said he didn't want them in the house smoking pot.

Well. I guess I have to recant. He does care. It was just a delayed reaction from that first time he caught the kid. He joked then, and went merrily to bed. Well, he complained about the smoke then. He's got allergies, you see.

Now look where I'm at. I don't want the kids here either. I don't want the upstairs brimming like a crackhouse. This is a ranch house, the odor drifts down here to me. But do I want to call the cops? And if I did, would I survive the rest of the week?

Conflict.

Yuck.

No comments: