When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I Now Am The Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything...

(Originally 10/8/06)


...and I embrace it. Today, anyway.

I have a development in the works that I can't speak of yet, even to you my faithful reader, until it gets rejected or accepted by the executive producer I submitted it to.
Unfortuantely, I haven't heard from the exec in a bunch of days, but I've seen the same guy communicating freely with others in his cypher, so it feels like an avoid.

This week I'm on vacation from work. Tonight and tomorrow night I shall be tucked away in a midtown Manhattan hotel courtesy of the Savings Account gimmick at my embattled bank. It took months to secure it, but secure it I did. I should finish packing, but I haven't caught up to you lot in a week now.

I was going to change my blog name to "The Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything", which according to Douglas Adams, I now am, but I didn't know if it would have messed up the URL. Plus I'd just have to change it back next year.

So I'm not 175 lbs., but I am 190 lbs., for a winning total of 22 lbs lost since March! Yay me! That second creditor is paid off and in December, a third one will be. My cash flow is going to be all positive for the rest of the year, and for the entirety of 2007--savings, savings, and more savings. It is possible to recover from a total life meltdown, it seems, but I don't know how others do it without help.

Everybody needs help. I suppose when I'm independent again, I will try to be a helper. Well, more of a helper. Like, outside of my professional life kind of helper. You know, like, the helping STRANGERS for FREE kind of helper. Because how does anyone make it alone in this world? Especially THIS world.

Oh, and I'm a friend of Matt Atherton's, so that's all right then.

See you in a few days!

No comments: