When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different...

(Originally 8/8/06)

...actually, no it isn't.

A) I finally did get my money from the car dealer. And a spate of rejection letters from banks for the car loan I supposedly was approved for. Those. Liars.

B) I ate a pint of Haagen-Daas Swiss Vanilla Almond yesterday. My stomachs bubbling right now waiting to purge it, but the damage is already done. This is what you get when you use a weekend day taking non-dieting friends out.

C) I ate the ice cream after I'd come home early from work. I was feeling tired and sore, I think, from my workout blitz of last week.

D) This weekend, interspersed with taking out a friend, I'd gone to the city twice. I'd spent an inordinate amount of money on myself which I had from a re-imbursement check for a month's worth of paying for my own gas. I spent it on hobby mags, food, and transportation. It was a splurge that I felt I deserved since I successfully allowed My Friend The Doctor to talk me out of the new car (which it appears I wouldn't have gotten anyway, The. Liars.).

E) I paid off a debt! Most everyone suggests I now begin the other payments at a higher rate so I can pay them off more quickly (except My Benefactor, who wants me to actually slow down my rate of payback so I can no doubt live in his house longer and allow him to remain an upper middle class crackhead while I feed his cats. Why am I not more grateful to this guy I keep asking myself! Because no adolescent is EVER grateful. I'll have to wait until I'm an adult again to look back on this ersatz parent and do the 'I Appreciates', but only from a safe distance away).

F) No one is reading my blog! This is good and bad. I finally spill my secrets and I had no fallout from it. Everyone I know is still treating me the same. Although, not everyone I know is as artfully articulate as my humble self, so I'm not getting any Feedback, (heehee, Do You See What I Did There? And where did that phrase get it's newfound popularity? It's been popping up everywhere) and I have no counter on the blog, so I don't know how many hits I may have gotten anyway. Saying that to mean either they are reading and have not whatall to say, or they are not reading. Either way, the treatment hasn't stopped (or in the case of those I haven't spoken to in a while, the treatment hasn't started). So the good is, I can continue to spill and fear nothing. Blog as diary is very effective.

G) I woke up at 4:35am today and had time to type all this out. I went to bed last night at 10:00pm, even though I had a nap after I had come home (see, I TOLD you I hadn't felt well). And I haven't been to the gym since Thursday, I think. But I'm going to go now.

H) Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. THAT ought to get me a few random hits.

1 comment:

Me said...

Eliel Mamousette said...

If you want to know how many readers you are getting (like your humble daily reader [well, not daily, I have you on my RSS feed so I get notified when updates are made]) you should head on over to SiteMeter (http://www.sitemeter.com) and sign up.

It's free.

It's also humbling because the numbers are always smaller than I want them to be for my site. At the same time though, those numbers don't seem to help me keep my blog up-to-date....
8:23 AM

Alex http://www.alexwilson.com/ said...

I just started reading, so I have no idea what treatment I should be giving.

Congrats on paying off a debt! Those are big milestones.
11:25 PM