When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

This Is What I Said A Year Ago...

(Originally 11/19/07)

"So this is week 3 of my Barnes & Noble job. I managed somehow not to incur any overdraft charges on my account either due to the Thanksgiving system being down, or the new bank I joined is better than Wachovia. But now that I deposited my 3rd check, I see the money growing and it's all relative. Paying people back at this rate is going to take millenia, but since I'm sheltered and headed nowhere special, I'm not going to sweat it.

"Still, my NY license is on its way out there somewhere and by the time I get it I should have my NYC career job-hunting energy back. But I have seriously thought of suing the NYS government for their shoddy and ridiculous handling of this application process. I submitted the thing in July, and they cashed the check before August. yet they can't process the app as fast as they can deposit the check. It's criminal. And it cost me my NYC apartment, my self-esteem, and my interest in being a mental health professional. That's worth monetary compensation isn't it?

"Whatever.

"It snowed last night and if the ground is still icy tomorrow at 3PM, then I will have to walk to work. It's about a 45 minute walk. And then I'm closing. So I won't get home until 1:00AM. Thought I'd just complain a little. But I'm doing it and it's only going to make me stronger. If I ever regain an adult independence again, I'll look back on these days in amazement and wonder How On Earth..? And hopefully I'll be doing that at 25lbs. lighter.
"

So I've learned;

1) Last time this year it had already been snowing

2) I set a goal to lose 25 lbs., and I did it!!

Plus IAFOMA, START!

No comments: