When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Monday, May 7, 2007

Resolution

(Originally July 29 2006)

The phone tag with the dealer continued upuntil yesterday. Today I went in person and suddenly everyone was where they were supposed to be and they refunded my money. It took about an hour's wait, but I guess the longer I waited the sulkier and more prone to disruption I looked, so they finally decided I wasn't going to change my mind.

What a pack of jokers.

So I face at least one overdraft as a result of their games and my own impatience (in other words, I overspent again when I know that a withdrawal draft is coming).

And in related news, last Saturday, when I used my debit cards to make the down payment, the money was gone from my account that very day. Now, when the money was refunded back to the accounts from which they were drawn..? You know the story. 3-5 business days until I have the money.

Banks are only for people who have money. People like me would be better off stuffing my mattress.

No comments: