When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Updatificationism

(Originally 11/3/06)

When I got home from work yesterday, My Benefactor was home and present. He said he tried to call and leave me a message on my cell that he was staying over his girlfriend's in NYC. The only unusual thing about that was that he tried to call me. He can never remember my number and he has only once called me in the year that I've lived here.

Two things still make me believe that he relapsed;

1) The empty Hennessey bottle existed.

2) His girlfriend drinks alcohol and uses the prescription drug of his choice, and she's not pledged to any kind of sobriety. She happy as things are, plus her boyfriend (My Benefactor) is rich.

At any rate, he went to two meetings last night, but by himself so I have no proof that he went at all. One was an AA and one was an NA. He said they were easy to get to and so he knows definitely that he will be back. He has a plan to go Tuesdays to the cool meeting and Thursdays to the big meetings.

Now today, he will be going to the month-long rehab facility. He feels confident that he's going to stay for a month. Time will reveal. If he did relapse, it didn't knock him out of the box and that's a good thing.

As for me? I feel more secure, but I am going to stick with my exit strategy. This is a rollercoaster ride that I want off of.

No comments: