When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Sunday, May 6, 2007

So Little Time...

(Originally August 25 2005)

All the brokerages are courting us on the daily. They say they won't hire everyone they interview, but I already have one place who did hire me. I was mightily swayed by these people, though, because they have an agent representing this place. My Starb's is right near there, and I've been watching it go up for a year. Simply amazing if she can sell a single unit, let alone all five.

My mind is warping to the green side. So, so, so much money can be made.

And all I wanted to do was pay my bills.

Oh, and from the Really-Too-Good-To-Be-An-"Oh-By-The-Way"-Comment, another friend of mine volunteered to give me two months rent to help me stay in NY. So with that money and me filing an "Order To Show Cause", instead of just leaving the apartment (and NYC), I will probably get to stay while I work this real estate business.

TRUST me, I'm not the boy who cried wolf. Instead I'm crying "Uncle!". Let the record show; I gave up and was willing to go. Then the energy and idea to try this real estate thing surged and I went with it. That was all I was going to rely on in court and let the chips fall. I didn't beg for this money, trust me, but I couldn't say no! Because in court, I have found that the major player on the table is money. If I give some, the judge pays attention. If I give none, the judge lets them evict me. Encourages it, even. (Check out my last blog, December, "Maturity 101").

And I have got to take notice of the fact of real friendship in my life, and thank God for it.

Okay, gotta go. Class today, therapy tonight...!

No comments: