When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Monday, August 20, 2007

Dane Cookology

I did some more surfing and found an evolution of sorts. Sometimes I just love me so much.

First of all--Dane Cook when he was young and very Jim Carreyesque. This may have been why I missed his rise. I have had enough Jim carrey to last me several of his OWN lifetimes. And remember when I thought the way Dane Cook spoke was a dealing with a possible speech impediment? Welllll ... pay close attention to the early Mr. Cook.


Now here's Dane halfway to the stud he has become today. He's taken more command of the stage in this next one. and his voice is halfway to the more gruff, crisp sound in the current Dane. The cause? Cigarettes? The world wants to KNOW, Dane! Oh, and remember when I suspected the boy has moves? How awesome am I?


But I am most happy with this version of Dane, circa 2003, I believe? This was the special that introduced me to him. Now that I've seen his older self, I find he's less animated these days. (Too many ciggies, Dane?) and his Boston accent is really on fire! I though he was Canadian when I first heard him. There's nary a trace of it in the previous samples, if you'll notice. But what I like the best about all the performances? The man is not afraid to scream. Maybe THAT'S what changed his voice!! Every dude out there now--AAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I have watched this one every morning so far. The thing that sends me out of the house laughing like a fool is at the very end-- "... auuuHUHHheee stole the beads ... -aaaiieeeee stole the beads ... gyaaaaahhh!!"

No comments: