When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Small Ode



Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward were married 50 years.

Joanne and Paul were married on January 29, 1958 in Las Vegas at the Hotel El Rancho Vegas. Paul's wedding gift to Joanne was a silver cup that he had inscribed with the words, "So you wound up with Apollo/If he's sometimes hard to swallow/Use this." -About.com

No, I don't know what it means. But I know what 50 years married means. It means awesome.

Recognize.

7 comments:

Shades of Scorpio said...

Truly must have been an amazing person. So much to give AND married for so many years.

Ned Hodgson said...

Love that man. Did so much just because he could.

David A Price said...

It does indeed mean awesome. He will be missed.

Tera said...

Totally awesome!

Me said...

Hey everybody, meet My David A Price! I call him the Lion of Comics Broadcasting. He's the one person from my comicbook geeklife that I'll let come into this arena, because he wanted to know me a little better.

Let's hope I don't scare him away.
*crosses fingers*

To be honest, I've heard my fellow geekcasters give some shocking details of their own lives on their podcasts (over at Geek Central), and their confessions were no worse than mine. So, welcome David! (And yeah, his drawn picture does look like him. The sexy devil!)

David A Price said...

I don't know about the avatar being true, but thank you for the welcome and for allowing me to check out another side of Alan.

I'm here for the long haul. Ain't scaring me away.

Tera said...

In other news...Alan can you learn to control your Trolls (if of course Balanced Media is one of yours)???