When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Thursday, October 2, 2008

But, Still I Don't Understand...


If we're in an economic crisis, why is the price of gas still going down?

NOT THAT I AM COMPLAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAINIIIIING--!!!! But still, I don't understand.

Why is gas still over 3.00 a gallon? Why was it EVER almost 4.00 a gallon (in Jersey)? Why?? If the people who made it expensive did it in the land of sand and Arabs, why don't they do it now--now that the dollar appears so threatened and devalued on the world market? Surely Ol' George looks worse now that our banks are failing and our stock market is in a freefall toward the snowcapped mountain range wherein lies cannibalism for the survivors?? SURELY??

I.
Just.
Don't
Trust.
What.
They.
Tell.
Us.

The above picture was taken today, Oct 2nd, 2008, four days after I took the last one.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Alan you raise a very good question here...I wish I had an easy answer. And surely Dubya knows how bad he looks right now right?

Ned Hodgson said...

It's 3.79 downhere, and in Charlotte, it's actually scarce. I smell a fat cat rat who wants to drive profits up while the rest of the nation watches Palin and Biden get it on.