When I Need A Pick Me Up, by my friend Ryan King

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Experimental Drug Use

So, I tried something about a week ago.

I had forgotten my med one morning last week so instead of waiting until the next day, I took it that night and decided I would continue taking them at night, for convenience sake. I've been doing that for a week. And you know what happened as a result?

I lost my morning person!

What's fascinating is how concrete and solid the change had been, and how I can now quantify that it was due to the meds. I wake up later now and I'm dragging like I used to. Getting to the gym in the AM? Puh-lease. I'm on the net instead of prepping for the day, and generally, I'd like not to even leave if I had a choice. But I've no choice. Must ... work ... to ... make ... A LIVING--! (At least, until I ditch the day job and go full time as a therapist ...)

So last night I didn't take the med. This morning, I shall. I need that morning pep back. I liked it.

3 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

I need some morning pep too. Can you send a couple of pills my way?

Tera said...

I'm glad you figured that one out Alan! And I wouldn't advise you to do that again!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and smart observation on yourself. Note to self - do not balance checkbook before 3pm.....